Sunday, January 23, 2011

Year 2 - Day 23 - January 23

We recently got the newest Rock Band - #3.  The exciting new addition to this version of the game is a keyboard!  It's an actual 2 octave (plus an extra C) keyboard.  There are 2 ways to play in the game.  Regular keys and Pro Keys.  For the regular version, you just use 5 keys - much like the fake guitar playing that has been around since the first version of Guitar Hero.  But for the Pro Keys version, you actually play notes.  I don't have perfect pitch, but from listening, it appears to me that you're actually playing the note you're hitting.  Different songs have a different set of 10 keys showing (like in this one, it's C to E) and sections of the keyboard are color coded to help your eyes. 

IT IS SO HARD!!!!!  I thought my musicial knowledge would come in handy here, but it's actually hurting me more than helping me.  Since I know how to read music, it's REALLY difficult for me to use their graphic to play notes.  With the game's version, every white key is in a space & every black key is on a line.  My brain hurts.  I'm just beginning to crack into Medium level, and I'm still not perfect at the easy level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment