Saturday, January 1, 2011

Year 2 - Day 1 - January 1

Happy New Year!

Welcome to year 2.  I probably should have thought about what to do differently in year 2 before it actually got here, but I didn't, so here we are.  I read some ideas today about project365.  Some people like to stick with a theme and others lean more towards what I did last year - just a shot of something that happens that day.  I think this year I'm going to try out a bunch of different ideas just to keep me going and to get me out of a rut.

For starters, I signed up for a photography class at the local community college.  I have wanted to do it since we bought our nice camera...I guess for about 3 years now, but the days of the week always conflicted with something else on my schedule.  My class is for 4 Wednesdays in February ... it will conflict with February book club, but I've already read that book so I decided to go for it.  If I like it, there is a part 2 right after part 1. 

One of the themes this year is going to be pictures of things I make.  I want to make more cards because I really enjoyed making the sets of cards for people for Christmas this year.  It's more fun than just pulling the stuff out to make Christmas cards in November.  I also want to make a scrapbook with the bag of things I've been saving for years.  This will not be a fancy work of art with layouts I share and ten dollars worth of embellishments on each page but rather just a compilation of the things I've saved.

Today's picture is 2 pages for that book.  I had the pile of Christmas cards in my hand because I packed up the Christmas stuff today and I didn't want to just throw them away!  I cut out all the signatures & photographs and made them fit on 2 pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment