Monday, January 10, 2011

Year 2 - Day 10 - January 10

I had a test today (There's nothing wrong with me!) at a radiology place I had never been to before.  This was hanging all over the place - their "mission statement," I suppose.  The title changed depending on where I was (The check in place said "Admissions Guiding Principle," for example.)

I can honestly say that every single person I encountered embodied these principles.  The person who checked me in, the person who walked me to the room, the people who did the test - even random people walking in the hallways.  Everyone was friendly, personable, and reassuring.  I had a lot of time to think about this sign (Notice - "You will be seen promptly" is not a principle of courtesy!) this afternoon.  Would I pick courtesy over good medical care? No. However, I can assume that all the doctors and hospitals nearby are picking qualified doctors and nurses, so all qualifications and medical skills being equal, I'd prefer the courtesy.

SUCH a difference from the people I encountered in December!  The person running the trainings and the people in charge of making sure it continues to happen are all doing a good job.

Do I show all these traits daily?  Probably not.  If this sign was hanging everywhere I turned would I think more about it? Maybe.  If this sign was hanging everywhere I turned *and* I was working with adults who could read the sign would I think about it? Most likely. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment