Saturday, January 22, 2011

Year 2 - Day 22 - January 22

 Today, we stopped at Costco on the way home from an afternoon party.  They had a really cool set of greeting cards, but it was a little expensive and I can't justify buying cards when I spend time and money collecting the supplies to make them!  There was one in the set that looked like a French message board, so I decided to recreate one.  I don't like mine quite as much as the one in the packet (I would have preferred thinner ribbon & smaller buttons, but I was working with what I have!) but it came out decently.  It'll have to be a birthday card or thinking of you card for someone who likes to travel or something.  It'd be a lot easier to make the 2nd time, now that I have some of the pieces figured out.  I fussed with mini stamps for awhile, and then decided to take advantage of my clipart and color printer.  Sometimes, it's better to go the easier route!


Consider these pictures ... "Behind The Scenes - The Making of January 22nd's Picture." ;)

At one point, 3 different drawers were open in the tower, but I consolidated!

It's hard sharing a desk with the family computer.  A few things you see: ribbon of various sizes & colors, stamps, sticky strip of various sizes, adhesive, 2 pairs of scissors, a case of color blocks, a cutter, stamps, ink, paper, glue stick, clipart ...

No comments:

Post a Comment