Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Year 3 - Day 207 - July 25

I was supposed to go to my favorite PD today, the one where they give us our brand new laptops. Unfortunately I got sick and had to bump to next week's class. I'm disappointed about that, but I slept a lot of the day so I guess being in bed is what I needed. I did manage to get in 20 something episodes of Sports night on Netflix though.

The first season of this show was GREAT. I had heard of its existence, however, it was on from 1998-2000 so it's logical that I wouldn't have found it. #1 I was in college and we honestly didn't watch a lot of TV those years and #2 none of my college friends are sports people so we wouldn't have found it by accident. So many people from this show have been in other things since the late 90's. The two anchors are now on Good Wife and Parenthood, the producer was Felicity Huffman so she's a big star now, too. Tons of guest stars were recognizable and went on to other things: Cuddy from House, lots and lots of West Wing people (since it's an Aaron Sorkin show and he re-uses people a lot) including Teri Polo who eventually wound up married to Jimmy Smits on WW. I honestly didn't recognize her with the short brown hair (see above.) Her voice was familiar, but I couldn't place her until I saw her name in the guest star credits at the end.

The second season wasn't as strong. It looked like the writing was done by Sorkin and several other people. When an episode says 3 names and then Sorkin's, I wonder how much hands on writing he really did. It seemed like the second season was people trying to write in Sorkin's style, which never works as well. (see: lousy seasons of West Wing)

No comments:

Post a Comment