Friday, July 20, 2012

Year 3 - Day 202 - July 20

Know what is in that plastic container?

A mouse.

It's alive, so I guess that's a "good" thing, but still. There's a mouse. That we found in our house.

More specifically, I found it in a bug glue trap. We have them in a few places to check for ants since our pest company comes out as soon as we see a couple after the big infestation that we inherited from the previous owners. But we have never seen a MOUSE.

Mike googled and found out that if you put the mouse & the glue trap into a closed container and put some vegetable oil on the trap/their feet, they can step right out of the glue. Turns out the internet was right! So we drove him to a field on the way to dinner. (Far away so he won't come back.)

Unfortunately, he was not alone. When we got back from dinner, there was a DEAD one in the hallway. The cat was standing nearby, but since my cat is scared of everything in the entire world, I didn't think too much of it. That is, until the boys picked up the dead mouse (ew) to examine it. They realized that it had been in the cat's mouth and it's neck had definitely been broken by the cat. (double ew)

So then they praised the cat incessantly. They want to make him a blue cape and rename him "Killer." Sigh. I have never seen a mouse in my house in 33 years, and now 2 in a day? I don't like this at all. The boys did a search of the basement but didn't find any more. I hope this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment