Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Year 3 - Day 192 - July 10

Happy Birthday to ME! I woke up in a lousy mood and really couldn't shake it for quite some time, but it wound up being a really good day. At work, my boss asked how old I was turning and then got all embarrassed for asking. I told her it was fine, I have no issues telling people I'm 33.

But holy cow. I'm 33. In some ways, I don't feel old at all. But in others, I feel downright geriatric. When I was 27 and at my yearly doctor appointment, I clearly remember the doctor saying "If you are going to have kids, you're going to want to get on that ASAP." I wasn't even dating Mike yet, so I remember thinking the lady was crazy. But now I'm 33 and feel ancient in that aspect, so maybe I should have listened. :)

So, photographic evidence of 3 great things that happened today.

#1 - I had to work today. I don't usually have to work on my birthday, and I didn't mention it to the girls I was working with. However, 2 of them are my facebook friend and saw it in the morning. To celebrate, one brought me Munchkins! It was a super sweet gesture, especially because I don't work with these ladies very often and have just gotten to know them better over the last 10 days of curriculum writing. They rock. :)

#2 - We went out for dinner! I wanted to do Bonefish Happy Hour and get Bang Bang Chicken before heading across the street to Outback for steak. But after we sat down, I got lazy so I just ate steak at Bonefish. I found out that I *can* eat an order of Bang Bang Chicken, a few of Mike's chips, some bread, a salad, my steak, and a mere 2 or 3 fries, but I *shouldn't.* I was sad to leave the fries on my plate, but decided they were probably the best choice to not finish. The steak was the best one I've had at Bonefish. Kudos to them for figuring out how to make great non-seafood. :) (Mike of course had seafood appetizer and dinner, so he was happy too.)

#3 - Mike got me an ice cream cake from Coldstone! It's layers of regular cake and cake batter flavored ice cream, with cookie dough on top. :)

And I don't have photographic proof of my present, but my awesome husband found out that there's an Orioles Hall of Fame luncheon with the inductees the day before the O's HOF game in August. I was depressed in the morning (I guess that started off my bad mood) because it's on a school day in the first week of school and we're not allowed to take those days off. I was so sad that he had found the perfect present and I wasn't going to be able to use it. But the girls at work convinced me to at least ask the principal because the kids would survive a day without me. I asked, and she said yes. So score one for the hubby and score another for my principal. :)

On top of all that, we're watching the All Star Game and waiting for White Collar to come on. What a day!

1 comment: