Sunday, July 15, 2012

Year 3 - Day 197 - July 15

Awhile back, two of my friends were discussing the Bloggess and I was unfamiliar with her. I am not sure how that happened, since it seems once you read a blog you hear about others and so on down the chain, but this one slipped under my radar. I spent some time back reading old posts, and finally got my hands on her book through the library. Some of the chapters in the book were lifted directly from the blog, but I figure when you're a blogger that is ok, since you've already written about the experience! Other stuff was new (at least to me.) She's pretty funny. I appreciate that she can laugh at herself because when I make a fool out of myself I choose to try to forget it rather than putting it in print for the world to enjoy. :) But she makes a good point in that when the life you live is absurd, you just gotta roll with the punches and laugh or else you'll cry. It was a nice change to read a grownup book, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment