Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Year 3 - Day 94 - April 3

Greetings from sunny Las Vegas! Back around Thanksgiving when I realized I had a real spring break this year, we took advantage of a Southwest Airlines sale and got cheap (for these days) tickets to Vegas. We're staying at Paris. The property itself is nicer than where we usually stay on vacation, but the rooms are starting to show their age. However, the price is great so we're happy. When we got here today, we headed up to the Carnagie Deli in the Mirage to eat lunch with my parents. (They're here now too.) We spent some time exploring and I finally got to see a Bellagio water fountain show. (Somehow, I missed it completely last time.)
(It's hard to see, but the fountains are spraying in this picture.) There's our hotel! You can't see our room, because our room looks at the loading dock. I'm guessing you have to pay more than rock bottom prices to get a good view. Tis ok, we're not there much anyway.

We did lots of exploring, including Coca Cola World. They had a great "Soda Around The World" sampler set.

We did not finish them all. The best part was that 14 of the 16 sodas were Jenny friendly! (No caffeine, not diet.) Some were gross, some were ok, and some were fantastic.

After exploring for the afternoon, we went to Sugar Factory (my new favorite restaurant) for dinner. Dinner was fine, but dessert. Wow.
That would be chocolate peanut butter pizza. Holy cow. It was supposed to have strawberry whipped cream on top too, but that sounded suspicious so we went without. It was great. The brownie one looked good too. I'll have to come back someday. :)

Yes, I know I had soda AND dessert today. I love vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment