Saturday, April 14, 2012

Year 3 - Day 105 - April 14

 We went down to DC today to see one of our friends skate in a roller derby bout. A couple years ago when I first went to a derby in Baltimore, I immediately thought of a few people that would love the derby. It took awhile for us to get everyone down there, but I was right. Shortly after seeing it, she signed up to skate in DC. Right next to the armoy where they skate is RFK stadium. Home to the late 90's version of HFStival and the Tibetian Freedom Concert...the only concert I've been to that's been cancelled on the spot due to a lightning strike. No joke.

I really liked watching derby at the armory. The space is bigger and people are on 3 of the four sides in stadium seating. Plus, no soccer net like in Baltimore. The only downsides were the difficulty hearing the announcers due to the sound disappearing into the ceiling and the cost of the concessions. Other than that, it was nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment