Saturday, April 21, 2012

Year 3 - Day 112 - April 21

For the second day in a row, I was in Baltimore before breakfast time. Today, the boys ran a 10K. More impressively, I walked almost a 5K. ;) After they left me to find the starting line, I started walking the race route to see how far I could go before the runners caught up to me. At the 1 mile line, I was exhausted and the runners were starting to zip by. I made it all the way to the Science Center before the pack of runners caught up to me. (Glad I got a 15 minute head start!) After waving to the boys (They later said they were impressed I made it that far), I zigzagged back through town and caught up with the last portion of the race route. The winner was minutes ahead of anyone else and passed me with his very own cop on a motorcycle. Then the next few leaders sprinted past me while I chugged, huffed, and puffed my way up a hill. Luckily, Mike was looking for me, because I almost missed him running by until he called my name.

It was a much warmer day than anticipated. I definitely didn't need a sweatshirt and jeans! The Greene Turtle fed them lunch and beer after they ran, and they got nifty Under Armor jackets too. I'd say "oh maybe someday I'll run a race" but I have given up that aspiration. I'm totally OK walking the Baltimore 5K once in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment