Thursday, May 26, 2011

Year 2 - Day 145 - May 26

This is our new SmartBoard game. The 1st graders use a puppet to "chew the gumball." When the puppet touches the picture, the gumball disappears and a word shows up. I have to have them practice dictionary skills and ABC order - forward, backwards, beginning, middle, end, etc., and it turns out that letting them wear a puppet (and high five said puppet when they find the word) can actually make them want to do the (boring, boring) skill. It was hilarious how excited they were. This is the power of a Smartboard... ;) (P.S. the word shadows show on my laptop screen so that I can see them, but they don't show up through the projector on the board)

Second picture of the day (Which I totally didn't take, seeing as how I'm in it, and totally isn't from today, but rather 10 years ago today):
My friend Eileen posted this on facebook today in honor of the 10th anniversary since she & Steve were married. I am sad he's not here for today, but glad that she is happy and remembering the happiness of that day. There I am in the back right corner, in a light colored dress. I loved that dress (It was from American Eagle) right up until Dawson's mother wore it to graduation on Dawson's Creek. The MOTHER! (AE used to do all the clothes for that show.)

No comments:

Post a Comment