Thursday, May 5, 2011

Year 2 - Day 124 - May 5

As you know, I'm very particular about my grocery shopping.  I make a list, I organize it in the order that the store is so that I don't miss anything, I match my coupons, make a plan, and attack!  Yes, it's anal, but considering I cut our grocery bill by 75% and we're not starving, it's worth it.

Today, I fell off the wagon big time.  It all started because I wanted to make a particular recipe for Cinco de Mayo.  I actually wound up NOT doing that and going a little more mainstream with a McCormick seasoning packet, but there was definitely a theme for my shopping.  Mojito Lime seasoning packet, can of frozen margarita mix (which lets face it, is basically overpriced frozen lime juice), Hint of Lime Tostidos (ever since they changed the recipe & took out the MSG, I'm hooked on these tiny salty pieces of crack), actual limes, and Key Lime Pie ice cream (it might actually be frozen yogurt).  I laughed when I put it on the conveyer belt because I hadn't realized my lime addiction until that moment. :) 

The seasoning packets and ice cream were on sale, but the rest was regular price - and NO COUPONS!

I'm going to go hide my face now.  And eat lime foods. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment