Sunday, May 15, 2011

Year 2 - Day 134 - May 15

I packed a whole lot of stuff into today.  Thank goodness it's summer and there is plenty of daylight! The best surprise of the day was that it didn't downpour. For days they were telling us of the horribly rainy weekend we'd be having, and then it didn't hapen. That was A-OK!

First, we packed our friends lives into two gigantic PODS. Great inventions, those PODS. Pop your stuff in and poof they appear at your next residence.

Then, I left them to their packing and headed off to a baby shower. It was lovely. I am very happy that the first baby shower I had to go to in this season of life was small, friendly, and low key. It made it much easier and I was able to enjoy myself. I was still sad at times, but I'm thinking that just doesn't go all the way away. It's good to have people to celebrate for!

Finally, I did the biggest grocery shopping excursion I've done in years. I actually spent $103, which is WAY more than I ever spend shopping.  But it was a ton of stock up things that drove up the price. AND, I saved $102. So really, it was an excellent trip. Plus I have $29 in store money to spend next week. Not too shabby!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment