Friday, October 19, 2012

Link

Since 2010, I've been keeping a periodic journal blog of our journey to where we are today. At one point, I completely forgot the user name and pw that I created so I had to restart. (I didn't want to be able to be found out via google, so I made a new account and I totally couldn't remember!) But the old blog was still viewable online, so I cut and pasted and the whole thing from 2010 til now is in one place. Caution - lots of medical jargon and health stuff is contained. But I wanted to keep track because I was often googling for personal stories along the way. It's interesting to see which posts get hit frequently because of infertility buzz words.

Recently a friend of mine blogged about invisible illness week. I think of my fibro as an invisible illness, but it's been 17 years and I'm used to dealing with that one. Infertility is also an invisible illness and definitely has messed with my head more than fibro. With the fibro, I don't have daily visual reminders of other people being "cured" and me still being broken. I thought that I would be cured once I was pregnant, but I'm not. It's a journey I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy but it's one we took anyway. Luckily my husband is the greatest person on earth, because he didn't know he was signing up for this. He never made me feel bad about it and he held my hand for all the yucky stuff. He was even (sometimes overly!) willing to jab needles in my body. We learned 2 important things early on. 1 - We couldn't make the journey the center of our universe. We still planned vacations, had a life, and purposely didn't make it part of daily conversations if it didn't have to be for a logistical reason. 2 - If we didn't laugh about the absurdity of certain things, we would have gone nuts.

So anyway, if you ever want to read about the journey, it's out there. http://jlsh935.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment