Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Year 2 - Day 54 - February 23

Tonight my photography class was canceled, so I got to go to book club!  That's exciting because we were actually discussing both our Jan & Feb books due to the January snow.  We read Room & House Rules.  I had actually read both previously, but it was fun to discuss them with people.

More importantly, I read this picture book again because we're voting on the Black Eyed Susan Picture Book Award list this weekend, and I needed to refresh my memory with some of them.  This book is genius.  I really hope it makes the list.  I'd love to sit down with the author and say HOW DID YOU DO IT?!

On each page, there is a pair of poems and a fantastic illustration that go with a fairy tale.  They describe both sides of the story.  The catch is that the 2nd poem is the words in the 1st poem exactly reversed.  It's spectacular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment