Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 354 - December 20

When I moved to my townhouse, I transferred my prescriptions to my local pharmacy.  It was a good move, because everyone who worked at that pharmacy was awesome.  The techs and especially the pharmacist.  They would solve problems for me all the time.  When you have 5 or 6 doctors that prescribe you stuff, it seems that they often wind up with tunnel vision.  Every doctor thinks their body part or system trumps all the others.  The pharmacist is the only one who knows everything that is going on.  Right around when we got married, my pharmacist and the tech left.  I was left with a couple guys who acted like it was effort to get up in the morning, let alone actually help me.  They were very frustrating.  Luckily, I haven't been taking nearly as many meds lately.  When I need the occasional thing, I get them at the Rite Aid that is close by.

So today, there was a little car accident near our park & ride.  After I got in my car, I had to go a slightly different way home to avoid the police activity.  Since I was passing the other grocery store (the one I don't go to very often), I decided to stop in for some gatorade because we're low & it's on sale there this week.  While I was paying for it, I noticed a guy waving at me.  It was my old awesome pharmacist!  He even remembered my name!  He works at the pharmacy in the grocery store! I do need some scripts filled this week because I'm having a colonoscopy on Thursday (I know, lucky me!) so I ran right home to get them. 

I'm way more excited about this than I should be, but a good pharmacist is hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment