Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 147 - May 27

For the first time in a long time, I read 2 books in 2 days.  Sure, they're chapter books aimed at 12 year olds, but I'll take what I can get.

I loved this book.  It was better than yesterday's.  Captain Nobody starts off as Newt(on), a regular ole 10 year old who happens to be the little brother of the star of the local high school football team.  Most of the story unfolds after an accident at the big football game and Captain Nobody is born out of a halloween costume.

It's a realistic fiction story*, no superheros, just a kid who finds strength behind a mask. 

*Ok, mostly realistic, because I doubt parents would let a 10 year old stay home alone for days while they were off at the hospital taking care of the big brother.  But other than THAT, it's realistic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment