Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 131 - May 11

When I took over in January of 2002, our paperback section was just a few ratty books.  As times and budgets have changed, (I have 1/3 the amount of money to spend this year as I had that year), I haven't been purchasing as many hard cover fiction books because the book fair supplies free paperback ones.  Over the years, the paperback section has grown like crazy which means nobody can find anything!  This month, I'm spine labeling all the paperbacks and filing them with the hard covers.  It's time consuming. 

During an assembly, most of my class was gone.  All but 5 boys.  Rather than popping in a movie, I taught them how to take the spine labels I had made and to sticker the books.  They had a ball.  Now, as you can see, they aren't all at the same height or perfectly centered.  But these 5 boys got done in 40 minutes what would have taken me 2 weeks to do with a few minutes here or there.  And they had a ball, which was cute to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment