Thursday, May 2, 2013

More Books

#5 - The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult - I read her books as they come out each spring. Some I like, some I really like, occasionally there's one that is just OK. My favorite is My Sister's Keeper, but it's possible that I feel that way because I read it first. Like all of her books, there are multiple narrators telling the story. Unlike her other books, a GIANT chunk is told uninterrupted by one narrator during the holocaust. In many ways it is just another holocaust book, but I still enjoyed the story. All of her books are based around a big "what if" and this one falls under "What if a friendly neighbor/teacher/upstanding community citizen told you he had been a Nazi?" It's an interesting question indeed.

#6 - Six Years by Harlan Coban - I read this because I saw the guy on the Today Show one morning early on in baby time. It was just fine. Possibly one step below fine. The narrator and the love of his life break up suddenly and she marries another guy as the narrator watches from the back. Years later, he sees the guy's obituary and decides to seek out the love of his life in her time of grief. But when he gets to the funeral, the grieving widow isn't the girl he knows. (dum dum DuUUUUUUUUUM!)


No comments:

Post a Comment