Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 263 - September 20

We bought this picture yesterday at the local art festival, and found time tonight to hang it up.  It's hard to tell from this iphone shot, but it's 4 photographs of a beach & sand dune. 

Made an interesting observation about our differing likes & dislikes in the world of art today. 

I do not understand why people buy winter themed art.  To me, it would be just plain silly to have a New England village or Rocky Mountain ski village or a snow covered tree and lake picture hanging up in the middle of July.  I feel like if a picture has snow in it, it can only be up in a cold month.

However, I do not feel this way about summer artwork.  I don't have any issues with looking at a summery picture in November.

Mike's the opposite. :)

This set of pictures is a compromise - it's a beach, but it's sort of black and white, sort of sepia, and yet still has a hint of color.  Mike says I can't put beach and ocean on every wall in every room.  I said I wouldn't need pictures if all of our windows opened up onto a beach!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment