Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 52 - February 21

 

Yesterday, we finally got around to visiting the International Spy Museum in D.C.  We have wanted to go for a long time, and so we met up with Mike's friends that live down there.  At first, I was super impressed.  The first few rooms are ultra-interactive.  You pick a "cover" and have to memorize some facts about it.  Then after a couple exhibits, there are computer terminals that test your memory and give you a "job" to do.  Disappointingly, after that you don't come to another computer terminal until the end.  Also, I understand that they can't give away any current day stuff and that we have to rely on TV and our imagination to think about modern technology, but the information definitely skewed towards long ago.  

My picture is of the Christmas ornament I got in the gift shop.  D.C. now has a "green bag" tax.  They were happy to wrap this ornament in several pieces of tissue paper, but if I wanted a bag it was 5 cents.  (I just popped it in my purse.)  I understand the tax - I'm sure more people are willing to go without the bag if it means paying extra as opposed to getting a 5 cent discount.  Even though it's a grand difference of a dime - the psychological difference is much more. (I'd assume.)  However - to use that much tssue paper seemed counter productive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment