Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 33 - February 2



My mom works at a used book store in her local library.  People donate old books and people like my mom spend more hours a week volunteering than normal people do getting paid to price and sell the books.

She e-mailed me last week and said she had this book and did I want it.  The way she tells the story, she pulled it out of the box and said "Hey! That's Mike Mussina!"  The other lady pricing books with her was confused at how my mother would possibly know that.  My mom's response?  "The guy has been plastered all over my kid's room for decades." :) 

I'm sure you are as surprised as I am that there is a Mike Mussina book out there that

a) I didn't own
and
b) (worse!) I didn't even know existed!

But now I know.  And now I own it.  It's a story about him and Greg Maddox being old pitchers.  It's too bad it was written when it was, because a year after the horrible season chronicled in the book, Mike had his first 20 win season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment