Monday, March 5, 2012

Year 3 - Day 65 - March 5

I started this book for book club in late February about 2 days before our book club meeting. I hadn't been able to get it from the library so I eventually gave in and bought the e-book version. What a waste of money. Since the town is close to here, I did enjoy the mental images of what it may have looked like in this area 150 years ago, but the storyline was dumb. It bothered me even more when I found out it was based on reality. I just felt like it was very blah writing. "This happened, then this, then this, then this, then the end." I'm not usually a fan of books that have the ending at the beginning, either. Oh well. Live and learn! Oh, and book club got cancelled, so I didn't even need to read it! (That's why it took me a couple weeks to come back to it on my Kindle app and finish it once I knew that book club was off.)

No comments:

Post a Comment