Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Year 2 - Day 356 - December 13

The friend I carpool with is super crafty. She doesn't just make cards, she makes all kinds of cool stuff. I got this idea from here, but had to tweak it due to supply availability. It's a post it note holder made out of an acrylic photo frame.

You start with a frame, something like this: http://www.adorama.com/PZ22013.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Shopping%20Site&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=gbase

Then, you flip it over so it's laying with a slant. Slide a piece of scrapbook paper in for decoration, make a saying or artwork and stick on the sticky notes. I could only get a hold of 5x7 size frames, which I think are a little big. They're nice for decorating purposes, but they flex a little too much when you write on the pad. 4x6 would be better, I think. Probably 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 would be too small for much decoration. Also, the ribbon at the top has a purpose rather than just being decorative. It holds the paper still and keeps it from sliding out the sides rather than having to use tape.

So, the red flowered ribbon looks terrible with the purple scrapbook paper, but it's all I had!!! I made this as a thank you gift for my department chair at the community college. I'm happy with how it came out! My friend also gets Pentax pens and rolls pieces of matching scrapbook paper into them, but I can't figure out how to make it work. Maybe SU DSP is too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment