Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 292 - October 19

Moose seems to know it is me when the garage door opens on my way home.  (I'm the only one with a car in the garage, so I guess he's figured it out.)

Every day when I walk in the door these days, he runs and sits next to his ribbon toy and scratching pad.  (As you can see, they are currently located in the dining room that has nothing else in it but a desk & piano.  What does that make it? The conservatory? The office? The study? The ballroom?)

I don't know who made this ribbon toy - but I must say it was worth every penny.  The first toy I got him was a mouse or something at the end of an elastic cord.  He cared nothing about the toy, but attacked the cord.

The second toy I bought was just a ribbon on a stick - but the ribbon lasted 2 days.

For many years, I just put a new ribbon from the crafting zone on the old plastic stick because the ribbon had a 2 day shelf life before it was chewed into uselessness.

But this toy I saw in a store and had to try out.  Greatest cat investment ever.  Instead of a ribbon, it's a double thick sewed fleece strip.  Moves like a ribbon, but withstands the fangs of the feline.  It's lasted for more than 6 months already!

No comments:

Post a Comment