Sunday, December 22, 2013

Wrapping Gift Cards

I'm not a huge fan of giving gift cards for presents. I enjoy thinking about and finding things I know people will like. However, I don't mind getting them ... so that makes me realize that thinking of the right gift card for someone can be a good gift in the long run. But if I do give a gift card, I like to jazz it up a little rather than just handing it to them.

Here are some of the gift card holders I made this year. While I found most of the basic ideas on Pinterest, I did tweak each of them to fit what we were giving.

Coffee cups, whether for a non-Starbucks card,
 or a Starbucks card. (The light did something - I did make it cup shaped but it looks very rectangular in this picture)
 This one is good for anything movie themed.
 This is to a sports bar, so I used sports paper and color schemes.
 This one is just a restaurant, but I liked the design so I went with it.
 (It opens up like a wallet)
 This one didn't photograph well, but I made the holder a little longer, with tan paper, and aluminum foil instead of designed paper...trying to go for the "burrito" look since that's where it's for.

No comments:

Post a Comment